Tuesday, November 2, 2010

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!! Lolita

Hello,

Since there is no one coming to the boards, I might as well make this like a journal as I read, so I can document the passages that I found interesting and make commentaries. I am not even 50 pages in yet - I am in the first part. But I have to admit, I think this guy is a nutcase! I did not know it was based in part on true events, although it is not far fetched, since we do see cases like this all the time.

The first sentence made me laugh - Lolita fire of my life, fire of my loins..... WTF?!?!?! hahaah I am sure we all want a man to talk about us like that. hahaaha It is also interesting how he says he grew up a happy healthy boy, not some sicko. However, I do think he was sick ever since that one escapade with that young girl. Sad that she ended up dying.

It is also funny how he ran away from his true desires by getting married, yet his wife had an affair and left him. I bet he was never connected in the marriage, he was always just giving 10%. Since his true desire was a girl with just barely any pubic hair.

Interesting the whole idea of Nymphics. I had never heard that theory before. I guess I was not a nymphet. Or maybe I was. How sick that he would go to parks and watch girls, I can just picture this older man alone on a bench. Just looking at little girls, hoping one would fall and show her underwear. How sick.

How crazy about that prostitute that was young. I am sure that happened more often back then. And I am sure it happens now, many girls start on prostitution at a young age. I am just so disconnected from that life, Since it is not something I have ever been exposed to. I still get surprised when i see a prostitute walking down the street at nigt. Like, wow that still goes on! haha

How crazy how his ex wife died of child labor and what a guy from Pasadena told him about her life. I can picture her fat and doing that experiment of the racial reactions to a diet of bananas and dates in a constant position on all fours. He has wished he could see a picture of her. I can relate to that though, when you end a relationship you are always left with some crazy psycho desire to follow their life all the time. dont lie girls, we have all been there! :)

I am by the part that he is moving to the United States now, must go read!

Love,

Norma

6 comments:

  1. I would like to say that while this may be "fiction" i think the author is a sicko. He either did A LOT of research on the way that people like this think, or he is pulling from his own experience. SICKO

    They keep hinting at the fact that something horrific happened, like murder. I wonder what that will be! Does he kill the girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also leaning to that - that he killed the girl! but I am still in part I, so I must keep reading!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like this book was a disapointment - Norma, the pressure is on. We need an amazing book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - so I am almost done with the first part of the book. I am in shock at this twisted and sick man!!!! I had thought Lolita's mom died of being sick or something, not that she was run over on her way to mail out letters because she had found out how sick and twisted this man was. Now he has taken her daughter hostage from hotel to hotel, and has drugged her!!!! this is just insane! however, this girl gives me the impression that she knows everything that this guy is up to. Like girls are all coqueta and flirtacious with older man because they like the attention, sometimes not realizing the dangerous situation they are putting themselves in because the older man may not know that you really did not want him to touch you or go any further. I just have a feeling this is not going to end up good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. DID HE DRUG HER?? OMG! I missed that part. When does he drug her?

    Oh...now I remember. Once of the first times, right? But it doesnt work and she wakes up too easily or something? wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah that is what happens, i just cant believe that she lives this life with him - what is wrong with this girl!

    ReplyDelete