Thursday, July 15, 2010

Eat Pray Love



I really enjoyed this book - especially during the eating and the love part. I feel like the writer was really funny and easy to read - and in a way she makes the reader feel a connect and relate to what she is going through. I think it is a great book for a woman to read. I am planning on reading her second book that is related to this one - Committed.

Here is what Shelfari had to say:

At 32 years old, Gilbert was educated, had a home and a husband, and successful career as a writer. However, she was not happy; she was depressed with her marriage, often spending the night crying on her bathroom floor. She divorced her husband and entered into a relationship with another man, but this relationship did not work out either. She decided that she needed a change. She spent the next year traveling the world. She spent four months in Italy, eating and enjoying life (Eat). She spent four months in India, trying to find her spirituality (Pray). She ended the year in Bali, Indonesia, looking for "balance" of the two and love (Love).

Hope you all enjoy :)

3 comments:

  1. I know this is a hot book right now and almost everyone i know has already read it - i think i will give in and give it a try. When does the movie come out? Thanks for the recommendation

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie comes out in September - I am planning on going to watch it. I love Julia Roberts therefore I am truly excited - I am glad they got her to portray the author, I totally see her in the role. I liked the book because it was a true story - and I just cant seem to get away from true stories :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read this book!! I bought over a month ago and I still can't manage to pick it up!!! I have to read it before the movie comes out though!! =P

    ReplyDelete