Sunday, July 18, 2010

Spoiler Alert - Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Discussion

Pg. 222 - Salander has up to this point, been portrayed as an incredibly hardheaded person which would never let someone take advantage of her (to the point of being a little nutty).  For some reason - she has just submitted and debased herself by giving head to the lawyer that is her legal guardian. What is that about? Her thought process during the entire situation is very detached. 

I also think its interesting to note all the points of view that we as readers are given access too - just in this chapter we hear Salanders thoughts, as well as the scumbag lawyer. He says, "This is better than a whore. She gets paid with her own money". What a scumbag! I wonder what Salander has in mind for revenge...

Update: Salander has had her revenge, and created a powerful enemy.  Mikael has just discovered that Celia was in the bedroom and was the person that closed the window... I had a feeling about her, but I feel like its too obvious.  There is another culprit...what about Martin? Lol.

10 comments:

  1. Have you read what she did to get back at him?! I was still in shock at how she was able to pull it all off.. I wonder if any consequences might happen cause of it.. hmm.. *keeps reading the second book to find out..* =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. mabel! I havent read that far yet! I am so slow lately. Anyways, i am still in the chapter where she is contemplating how to get back at him - your sister spilled the beans and said that it "gets worse" as far as what happens between them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But this is the spoilers page after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry I spoiled it for you! but I didnt tell you everything you dont know what happens! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read what her revenge was ... what sweet revenge. But now the powerful lawyer is also out for revenege... I have a feeling this will become an issue later in the books.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tattiiii!!!! Geez!! Hahaha, it happens!! I still can't believe she did what she did, you must have some major balls to pull a stunt like that off.. As for Martin, wait up until you reach his side of the story.. Makes for an interesting turn of events.. Loll!!! I'm glad you're enjoying the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow yanelis figured out that marting was weird - it was pretty horrific to think of everything that father and son did to her - you are supposed to trust your family the most - yet this book touched on the fact that sometimes family can be your worst enemy! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. It touched that fact since the beginning, when they were talking about the inner workings of the business and how most of them didn't get along.. It's crazy how this book turned out though.. I would have never imagined that about Martin.. =/

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason I can imagine his sick perverted face perfectly... I also imagine Blomvist (sp.) as a handsome older man. I have a feeling the movie will not reflect that fact... LOL. I guess that will always be the problem with reading a book before the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah it will! but i heard they are going to make a re-make of the movie here in America - because the one out now is from Sweeden - so I guess it has subtitles! haha

    ReplyDelete